Friday, September 3, 2010

Baked French Toast Casserole

Thanks to my friend Kara for this one, but I just couldn't recreate her dish. I remember when she made this it was very thick and so yummy. Mine came out flat and it tasted OK but not ohhh we gotta have this again right away good. Maybe Kara can tell me where I went wrong...

Ingredients
3/4 stick of butter
3/4 brown sugar
1 tsp. Vanilla
12 Slices of bread (cut off crust)
7 eggs
3/4 cup milk
1 tsp. cinnamon

Mix melted butter, brown sugar & vanilla together and spread in 9 X 13 baking dish (thinking I should of used a smaller pan or more beard) . top with 6 pieces of crust-less bread

mix eggs, milk and cinnamon together and pour 1/2 over the bear. layer 6 remaining pieces of bread and pour over remaining egg mixture.
sprinkle top with cinnamon and sugar.
bake for 30 minutes @ 350

1 comment:

  1. It looks good though! I have this one but haven't tried it yet. Might have to soon.

    ReplyDelete