Monday, February 21, 2011

Ciambellone

Thanks to Susan Wiggs, this recipe is in her book Summer by the Sea.

NOTE: If you do not like getting your hands messy this is not the recipe for you!! Or I guess you could try a different method.
 4 cups of flour ( I really used closer to 6.5- 7)
3 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla (just realized I missed this :( )
1 cup sugar
1 cup milk
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup oil
1 teaspoon baking powder
zest from 1 lemon,  finely chopped

garnish: milk and coarsely granulated sugar
 Make a mound with the flour on counter, creating a well in the center. Using your fingers, begin alternating the liquid and other dry ingredients into well, mixing until all the ingredients are combined, add additional flour as needed and kneading to make a smooth dough.
 Divide into two parts and shape into fat rings. Brush tops with milk and sprinkle with sugar. Place coils on buttered baking sheet. Bake at 350 for 40 minutes or until golden brown.


Not sure How I feel about this... it is heaver then I expected but I liked the taste. Realized I forgot the vanilla oops... 

No comments:

Post a Comment