Thursday, December 9, 2010

Rum Balls

Yeah it's not a meal but My MeetUp Group is having a goodies exchange so I made um...

2 1/2 c Vanilla wafers, crushed (I always wonder how to measure something like this out.. do you fill the cups with whole cookies then crush or crush then measure??? I Crush then measure)
1c chopped nuts (I used pecans)
1 c powdered sugar (plus some extra to roll um in )
Dash of salt
1 1/2 Tbsp Cocoa
1/2 c rum (you can also use Brandy , OJ or Bourbon)
2 1/2 tbsp light Karo syrup




mix all together, refrigerate for 10 minutes so that  the dough firmer and easier to roll. roll into bite size balls which you then roll in powdered sugar, put them back in the fridge till you are ready to eat them.









So it was brought to my attention that I had cocoa in the picture but not listed in the ingredients list (Thanks, Linda  :0) )  So I have fixed it.... sorry if you tried them and hated them.

No comments:

Post a Comment