Friday, June 17, 2011

Creamy Cole Slaw

I basically used the recipe below besides, I added a handful of dried cranberries and some sunflower seeds.  Oh and I didn't have celery salt but so I used celery seed. I don't think I  will ever buy coleslaw dressing again!! (hope Chaz like's it)  
**UPDATE** 
Friends The coleslaw was good but I think it needs less mustard Chaz thought I had horse radish in it! The dressing tasted much different before it was mixed with the cabbage. I will try it again but with maybe some changes less mustard and maybe toss it together just before serving.

Recipe courtesy Bobby Flay

1 head green cabbage, finely shredded
  • 2 large carrots, finely shredded
  • 3/4 cup best-quality mayonnaise
  • 2 tablespoons sour cream
  • 2 tablespoons grated Spanish onion
  • 2 tablespoons sugar, or to taste
  • 2 tablespoons white vinegar
  • 1 tablespoon dry mustard
  • 2 teaspoons celery salt
  • Salt and freshly ground pepper

Directions

Combine the shredded cabbage and carrots in a large bowl. Whisk together the mayonnaise, sour cream, onion, sugar, vinegar, mustard, celery salt, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl, and then add to the cabbage mixture. Mix well to combine and taste for seasoning; add more salt, pepper, or sugar if desired
.


No comments:

Post a Comment