Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Blackberry Pork Tender Loin

I haven't food blogged  in some time and last night I decided I was going to make something new today!! I found this great recipe and with a few changes. This has replace my cranberry pork as a favorite,  it was that  good!!


  • 1 pork tenderloin
  • 1 tsp salt
  • tsp  ground black pepper
  • 1 tbsp  dried rubbed sage
  • 1 tbsp crushed dried rosemary, or to taste
  • 1/2 jar (8 oz) seedless blackberry jam
  • 1/4 cup honey
  • 2 tbsp red wine (I substituted  grape juice)
  • fresh Blackberries 
  •  


  • Season the pork tenderloin on all sides with salt, pepper, sage, and rosemary. Place the tenderloin into a slow cooker, and spoon the blackberry jam, 1/4 cup honey, and 2 tablespoons of  grape juice over the pork. Set the cooker to Low, and cook until very tender, 4 to 5 hours

  • Sauce
    • 1/2 cup grape juice
    • 1/2 cup meat drippings
    • 2 tablespoons honey
    • 1 cup fresh blackberries
    • 1 tbsp corn starch

  • About 15 minutes before serving time, pour 1/2 cup dripping , grape juice mixed with corn starch, honey, and the fresh blackberries into a saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-low heat, and simmer until the sauce thickens slightly and some of the berries burst, about 15 minutes. Slice the tenderloin and spoon blackberry-wine sauce over slices.




Recipe came from allreciepes.com but i made a couple of small changes.
UPDATE 1/10/12 : Made this again and this time I also sliced blackberries 
in half and place them on top of the jam before I started cooking. 
Turned out very nice!

2 comments:

  1. Looks delicious...I usually do a balsamic glaze but might have to try this one! :-)

    ReplyDelete